Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Real People?
Real People is a credit only microfinance operating in Kenya.
Do I need to open an account to access a loan from Real People?
No, Real People is a non-deposit taking lender and does not require an applicant to hold a banking account with us.
Is there a maximum and a minimum amount I can borrow for Asset Finance from Real People Kenya?
A: Yes, the maximum loan amount we can finance for Asset Finance is Kshs. 3M.
Do you finance any type of vehicle or machinery that I require?
A: . We will review the type of asset applied for, its age, make, quality, reliability, durability as well as what you qualify for from your cashflows or pay slip.
Do you require a valuation report?
A: Yes, we do request for a valuation report for 2nd-hand assets, to determine the actual state of the asset and its market value.
Who does the valuation?
A: We have a panel of valuers who are authorized to value assets being financed by Real People Kenya Limited.
How can I pay my loan?
You can pay your loan using any of the below methods of payment
Method 1: Direct Debit
Direct debits are convenient as you do not have to visit our branches to make a payment every month.
- You will be provided with the direct debit order forms at any of our branches.
- With the help of our customer service officers, fill in the form and append your signature when done.
- Direct debits enable us to deduct agreed installment amounts from your bank account on the agreed pay dates.
- Ensure that the agreed installment amount is available in your bank account on the agreed pay date.
Method 2: Paying Via Bank Deposit
To pay your loan via bank:
- Deposit the money to any of the following banks:
|BANK||ACC. NO||BRANCH NAME||ACCOUNT NAME|
|KENYA COMMERCIAL BANK (KCB) – KES||1107083826||MOI AVENUE NAIROBI||REAL PEOPLE KENYA LTD|
|STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (SCB) – KES||0102006022000||MOI AVENUE NAIROBI||REAL PEOPLE KENYA LTD|
|CFC STANBIC BANK||0100000142338||INTERNATIONAL LIFE HOUSE||REAL PEOPLE KENYA LTD|
|CO-OPERATIVE BANK||01136395029100||TOM MBOYA||REAL PEOPLE KENYA LTD|
|EQUITY BANK||0810299578702||EQUITY CENTRE||REAL PEOPLE KENYA LTD|
Indicate your name and contract number on the deposit slip and present the slip to any of our branch.
You will be issued with a Real People receipt thereafter.
Method 3: Paying Via M-Pesa
To pay your loan via M-PESA:
- Go to Safaricom M-PESA menu on your phone.
- Select Paybill and click OK
- Input 506200 as the Paybill number and click OK
- Input your contract number as the account name and click OK
- Input amount and click OK.
- Input your M-Pesa pin number and click OK
|Minimum Amount (KSHS)||Maximum amount (KSHS)||Charges (KSHS)|
|*Kindly note that the above charges are subject to change|
What repayment options do I have?
A: New Vehicles – Up to 36 Months
A: 2nd Hand Vehicles – Up to 24 Months
What is a top up?
A top up is additional funding to a running loan, accessible at half the loan term.
How can I check my loan balance?
You can either visit your nearest Real People branch, send us a query through our inquiry form on our website and we will send you your loan balance.
After how long does one qualify for a top up?
At half a loan term.
How can I draw down an amount from my pre-approved facility?
To draw down an amount:
By mobile phone:
- Dial *471# on your phone.
- Select ‘draw down’ option.
- Enter amount to draw down.
- Select a payment option (how you would like the amount to paid to you).
- Click ok and wait for a confirmation message.
On this website:
- Click here and fill in the form.
- A member of staff will contact you in due course.